Whether you are new to Standards or looking to take your expertise further, we have the right training courses and resources. We offer packages for your business to jumpstart your quality management.
Global Wind Organisation
Global Wind Organisation is a non-profit body founded and owned by its members – all of whom are globally leading wind turbine manufacturers and owners/operators.
The members strive for an injury free work environment in the wind turbine industry, setting common international standards for safety training and emergency procedures.
What are GWO Training Standards?
GWO training standards describe the requirements for training courses that are recommended by members of GWO. By complying with GWO standards and criteria, certified training providers are considered competent and proficient.
Any individual with a GWO certificate in the Wind Industry Database (WINDA) is considered competent and knowledgeable according to the learning objectives of that standard. GWO members accept the certificate as confirmation the individual possesses the required knowledge and competences as described in the standard.
Why GWO Training Standards?
- GWO training standards are courses that teach you to understand and reduce the risk associated with safety hazards in the wind turbine industry.
- GWO members create training standards reflecting the risks and hazards their technicians face at work
- Training providers, certified according to GWO Requirements, deliver the training
- Employers accept the training of GWO-certified technicians, wherever they were trained by looking up their records in WINDA
- Employers avoid duplicating training and technicians are available for more productive workdays on site
- To ensure a safe work environment for anyone working in the wind turbine industry.